Women’s Choice Network is “empowering abortion vulnerable women to choose life.” Providing both financial support and volunteers, St. Alexander’s members are providing support to the dedicated volunteers at WCN. We will focus on a specific campaign each month, but feel free to reach out to WCN (or contact our outreach team directly) if you feel you would like to get more involved.
- January 2016: We held a parish clothing drive for the Repurposed Shop and delivered many generous contributions to the shop.
- October 2015: Parishioners donated their time to replacing old ceiling tile and light bulbs at the Repurposed Shop on the North Side.
- September 2015: Parish was well represented at the WCN Fall Fundraiser Gala at the Omni William Penn, with 40 members attending. WCN celebrated 30 years of helping 5,000 babies be saved. They collected over $170,000 to be used to operate the 4 centers.
Key statistics of WCN:
- 916 new clients were directly served in 2015
- 297 abortion determined clients received a sonogram and over 250 chose life
- 966 clients participated in WCN ongoing support programs
- Over 5000 teens heard about sexual purity from REAL Essentials Team in schools in 2015
- Repurposed for Kids, a resale shop for clients and community, opened in June 2015
This faith-based mission serves Pittsburgh neighborhoods in Oakland, Monroeville, Wexford, and North Side. It receives NO federal or state funding and operates solely on contributions.